I’ve been trying to get in the mood for Christmas , so I tried baking
some ginger cookies the puffiest yummiest ginger cookies. Yeap, this is my favorite cookie recipe and it’s from scratch! It’s actually very easy, spicy and super rewarding at the end
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. fresh minced ginger or ground ginger if you want to skip the trouble
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cup of salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- In another (bigger) bowl soften the butter while adding the sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and molasses.
- When it is smooth, gradually add in the dry ingredients while mixing. Try not to over mix in this step.
- Leave the dough to rest for about an hour in the fridge, although this step is totally skippable, it will make it easier to roll the dough.
- Put the white sugar in small bowl, roll the dough into small balls and then roll each dough ball in the sugar till fully coated.
- Place the cookies in a cookie sheet using parchment paper to avoid sticking!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies seem matte and slightly cracked on top. Yumm!
- After a few minutes, place the parchment paper with the baked cookies on a wet towel to help them cool and make it easier to remove.
- Enjoy, they’re heaven!
This recipe makes lots of cookies, you can use half of every ingredient for less cookies. Tell me if you try this out and how did it go!